2 dozen fresh jalapeno peppers.
1 block of regular cream cheese
1 medium onion, finely minced (or 1/2 cup green onions, minced)
1 cup Corn Flakes
1/3 cup Parmesan cheese (sprinkle kind in green container or fresh grated)
1. Wash peppers. Split lengthwise and separate. (I wear gloves)
2. Scrape the seeds and ribs from the inside of each pepper half.
3. Place peppers on lightly greased (or sprayed) cookie sheet covered with foil.
4. Mix softened, room temperature cream cheese in bowl with minced onion.
5. Fill each pepper half with cream cheese mixture.
6. Crush Corn Flakes. Mix with Parmesan cheese and pour onto plate or other flat surface.
7. Press each pepper (cream-cheese side down) into the Corn Flake mixture and then return to Cookie sheet.
8. Cook peppers in a pre-heated oven at 350 degrees until peppers have softened and topping starts to turn (15 min).
9. Allow peppers to cool slightly. Sprinkle with sea salt if desired. Serve while still warm.
This recipe is a party and tailgate favorite. If memory serves me correctly, I got this recipe about 20 years ago from a friend of mine who is a Pampered Chef consultant.