3/4 cup tomato puree
1/3 cup finely minced onion
1 Tbsp. finely minced red pepper
1 Tbsp. flour (white or whole wheat)
1/3 tsp. onion powder
1/3 tsp. garlic powder
red pepper flakes; black pepper; salt (to taste)
1 pat of butter
1 chicken bullion cube
1 cup water
1/4 cup heavy whipping cream
Grated or powdered parmesan (optional) for garnish
1. Spray pan with cooking spray or coat with a teaspoon of cooking oil.
2. Cook onion & red pepper over medium heat until onions are translucent.
3. Add butter and Tbsp. flour. Stir until well incorporated.
4. Add bullion cube and cup of water. Heat and stir until bullion cube dissolves.
5. Add dry spices. Stir. Add 3/4 cup tomato puree.
6. Stir until bubbly.
7. Reduce heat. Add heavy whipping cream. Stir until well mixed and heated through.
8. Serve hot. Garnish with cheese, croutons, crackers, or a dollop of sour cream.
(This recipe makes a large individual bowl of soup. Double or Triple recipe as needed.)