1 frying chicken or 6 leg quarters or 8 drumsticks
1 cup flour (white or wheat)
1/2 tsp Paprika
1/4 tsp black pepper
pinch of cayenne powder (adjust to taste)
pinch of garlic powder
2/3 tsp salt (adjust as needed)
1/2 cup butter
1. Pre-heat oven to 425 degrees.
2. Pat chicken dry. Sprinkle with garlic powder or garlic salt.
3. Combine flour and other dry ingredients in a bag. Shake each piece of chicken until well coated.
4. Line a 9 x 13 inch glass baking pan with foil. Add butter. Heat in oven until it sizzles.
5. Place chicken in dish. Bake 30 minutes.
6. Reduce temp to 325 degrees. Turn over chicken.
7. Bake for an additional 30 to 45 minutes until cooked through.
The coating on this chicken is light but very tasty and has a wonderful texture. Chicken will be a light golden brown and very tender when done.