4 to 6 large bell peppers, cleaned and cored (toss the tops or save for salad or soup)
2 cups prepared rice (brown or white)
1 lb ground beef
1 large jar of your favorite marinara or spaghetti sauce*
1 small onion, finely diced (optional)
1 small jar diced mushrooms (optional)
1. Mix prepared rice and raw ground beef together in a bowl. Add onions & mushrooms.
2. Stuff each hollow bell pepper with this mixture, filling to the top.
3. Line prepared peppers in crockpot in rows, touching each other.
4. Pour jar of sauce over peppers, covering completely.
5. Cook on LOW for around 6 or 7 hours (until beef is done and peppers are tender).
*You can use 2 large cans of tomato sauce, 1 tbsp. minced garlic, 1 tsp onion powder, 1 tsp oregano, pinch of fresh basil instead of the jar pasta sauce if you choose.