Easy tip to clean microwave:
I use a kitchen sponge, but don’t want it to be a hotbed of germs. This is how I keep the sponge and my microwave clean.
1. Once or twice per week, rinse sponge with hot, soapy water. Squeeze out excess.
2. Add a few tablespoons white vinegar to the sponge (until it is fairly saturated).
3. Plop the sponge into the microwave and nuke on high for about two to two-and-a-half minutes. Let cool for 1 min.
4. Remove warm sponge. Wipe out interior of microwave with moist cleaning cloth or paper towels.
The combination of heat and white vinegar helps kill germs in the sponge and the steam produced loosens grime in the microwave, making it easy to wipe away.
3/4 cup tomato puree
1/3 cup finely minced onion
1 Tbsp. finely minced red pepper
1 Tbsp. flour (white or whole wheat)
1/3 tsp. onion powder
1/3 tsp. garlic powder
red pepper flakes; black pepper; salt (to taste)
1 pat of butter
1 chicken bullion cube
1 cup water
1/4 cup heavy whipping cream
Grated or powdered parmesan (optional) for garnish
1. Spray pan with cooking spray or coat with a teaspoon of cooking oil.
2. Cook onion & red pepper over medium heat until onions are translucent.
3. Add butter and Tbsp. flour. Stir until well incorporated.
4. Add bullion cube and cup of water. Heat and stir until bullion cube dissolves.
5. Add dry spices. Stir. Add 3/4 cup tomato puree.
6. Stir until bubbly.
7. Reduce heat. Add heavy whipping cream. Stir until well mixed and heated through.
8. Serve hot. Garnish with cheese, croutons, crackers, or a dollop of sour cream.
(This recipe makes a large individual bowl of soup. Double or Triple recipe as needed.)