Grilled Cajun Lemon Shrimp
1 lb jumbo or colossal shrimp, raw (shelled and deveined)
1 tablespoon olive oil
1 teaspoon cayenne pepper*
1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
salt and black pepper to taste
1. Shell and devein shrimp (it is much easier than it sounds if you have never tried it)
2. Squeeze the juice of one lemon onto shrimp in a bowl or zipper lock bag.
3. Let shrimp soak in lemon juice for 10 to 15 minutes.
4. Rinse shrimp thoroughly in cool water. Coat with olive oil. Slide shrimp onto skewers.**
5. Coat shrimp evenly with cayenne, garlic powder, salt and pepper.
6. Grill for 2 to 3 minutes per side (until “grayness” of shrimp is replaced by pink/white).
7. Serve while hot. (I chose to serve alongside a green salad and a grilled rib eye.)
*(you can “cheat” and omit the dry seasonings for your favorite brand of Cajun seasoning salt)
**If using wooden skewers, make sure you soak them in water for at least 10 minutes prior to grilling.