Meat-lovers Pizza Casserole
1 box rigatoni or elbow macaroni
1 jar/can spaghetti sauce (I prefer Hunt’s Garlic & Herb) or 3 cups homemade sauce
1 jar of pizza sauce (I prefer Pizza Quick brand)
1 lb ground beef or ground chuck
1 lb breakfast sausage
1 small package of pepperoni
1 oz shredded cheese (parmesan or mozzarella)
1. Cook pasta according to package directions. Drain water. Store in fridge.
2. Skillet-fry ground beef and sausage, breaking into large chunks (small meatballs).
3. Drain meat. Add spaghetti sauce, pizza sauce and cooked meat to crockpot.
4. Cook sauce on high for 3 hours or on low for 6 hours.
5. 30 minutes prior to serving, rinse pasta in hot water, drain and add to crockpot.
6. Dice pepperoni into small pieces and add to crockpot. Stir and let cook for up to 30 minutes on LOW or until pasta heated throughout.
7. Top with cheese. Serve.
8. You may also add onions, peppers, mushrooms etc. to the casserole for a Supreme Pizza Casserole. (add jar mushrooms when adding pasta)***