1 box pasta (rigatoni or elbow)
1 container, 16 oz., ricotta cheese
1 lb. ground beef or chuck, crumbled and skillet-cooked
1 roll breakfast sausage, crumbled and skillet-cooked (with beef)
Two large cans/jars of your favorite pasta sauce (I like Hunt’s Garlic & Herb in a can)
1/2 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
1. Boil the pasta according to package directions. Drain, do not rinse.
2. Cook and drain ground beef/sausage mixture.
3. Layer ingredients into 9 x 12 pyrex dish or baking pan.*
4. Layer sauce, pasta, meat, ricotta. Repeat until all ingredients used.
5. Top with mozzarella. Bake 350 degrees for 15 min or until sauce bubbles and cheese melts and starts to turn a little golden.
6. Cool for 5 min prior to serving.
Note: Substitute your favorite homemade pasta sauce if you like. I choose the canned stuff for convenience and I choose Hunt’s Garlic & Herb because it has the lowest sugar/carb count of the major brands. I also use Dreamfield’s pasta because of the lower impact carb count.